Before I Hire
What do you charge and what is included?
· For the use of the Main Hall, it is £30 per session, with a £25 (£10 for children’s party) refundable deposit.
· For the use of the upstairs meeting room the charge is £6 per hour.
· This includes the use of the room booked, tables, chairs, full use of the kitchen, crockery, glasses etc and 1 hour free setting up and cleaning up time.
How do I book the use of the Village Hall? · Contact our Booking Clerk, Jo Brooks on firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there car parking available?
· Yes, there is. This is to the rear of the Village Hall with access from Eastfield. There is also one accessible parking bay.
Who do I contact if I have special requirements for my booking? · Contact our Booking Clerk, Jo Brooks on email@example.com
What are the toilet facilities?
· There are separate toilets for male and female, as well as a separate accessible toilet which includes a baby changing table.
How many people will the hall hold?
· Main Hall will seat 90 people or 120 standing.
· Upstairs Meeting Room will seat 25 people.
Can I visit the Village Hall before I book to see if it is suitable? · Yes, of course. Please contact our Booking Clerk, Jo Brooks on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Is there Wi-Fi in the Village Hall?
· Yes, there is. The code can be found in the Hall.
Am I allowed a bouncy castle?
· Our insurance doesn’t include the use of a bouncy castle, however if the company you hire one from meets the approval of the Trustees, then you are welcome to use one.
Can I use a DJ?
· Yes, of course.
Can I have a bar?
· We do not have a liquor licence, so the selling of alcohol is not permitted.
Can I use my own decorations?
· Yes, of course. Please ensure all are removed at the end of the hire and the room is left in the condition you found it in.
How do I gain access to the Village Hall for the day of booking?
· By the front entrance is a key box which will contain the key. Prior to the start of the hire, you will be sent the code to gain access to this box. Please note the code will be changed after each hire for security reasons.
During the Hire
What should I do in the event of a fire?
· In the event of a fire, follow the procedures set out in the Blisworth Village Hall Fire Safety Risk Assessment which should be read prior to the start of the hire.
There is some faulty equipment at the Village Hall, what should I do?
· As set out in the Blisworth Village Hall Health and Safety Policy, report any faulty equipment to the Caretaker and place in the store cupboard next door to the kitchen.
I have broken something belonging to the Village Hall, who should I report this to?
· As set out in the Blisworth Village Hall Health and Safety Policy, report any broken equipment to the Caretaker and place in the store cupboard next door to the kitchen.
At the End of the Hire
How much cleaning-up is expected?
· With the inclusion of 1 free hour for cleaning up, we expect the Village Hall to be in the same condition as you found it in at the start of the hire.
I think I have left some property at the Village Hall, what can I do?
· Please contact our Booking Clerk, Jo Brooks on email@example.com
When do I get back my deposit?
· As soon as the cleaner has been in to clean the Hall and everything meets the requirements as set out in the Hiring Agreement, your deposit will be refunded.